HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Date Posted: March 15, 2017
HouseSpecial is a studio of vibrantly talented artists and seasoned production professionals driven by a passion for creative excellence. The HR Manager partners closely with the executive team (President, Creative Director and COO) to ensure HouseSpecial continues to be an amazing place to work.
The HouseSpecial HR Manager role is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a dynamic, creative, high-energy environment. As a dedicated agent for HR and Recruiting operations, the areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: administration of HR policies, procedures and employee benefits; full-cycle recruiting for staff and freelance positions; facilitating new-hire on-boarding, orientation and training.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide HR support across the HouseSpecial team.
- Administer employee benefits including Health Insurance, 401(k)/Profit Sharing, PTO, Workers’ Comp, Leaves of Absence, Separation, etc.
- Prepare reports to conform to legal requirements.
- Monitor labor laws for changes that would affect HR policies.
- Support Department Heads and studio executives through performance/compensation management and HRIS initiatives.
- Talent sourcing including oversight and maintenance of our freelance database.
- Support Managers and Producers in identifying and tracking ongoing hiring needs.
- Manage overall recruiting efforts and candidate needs as they move through the hiring process.
- Prepare/update job descriptions and post online job openings (internal/external/third party recruiting sites.)
- Coordinate candidate interviewing and hiring processes, screening and reference checks, travel arrangements and in-studio interview schedules.
- Lead on-boarding activities and new hire orientation meetings.
- Lead employee informational meetings such as annual Benefit Open Enrollment, Education and Training.
- Oversee internship program including ongoing relationships with universities.
- Provide secondary payroll processing support.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3+ years of related work experience to include HR management and full-cycle recruiting, with experience in creative talent sourcing a plus.
- Experience handling sensitive information with strict confidentiality.
- Strong creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and the ability to understand and adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Understanding of federal and state labor laws and regulations.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally in the field of human resources.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of programs (Word, Excel).
- Familiarity with HR/Applicant Tracking/Payroll systems a plus (i.e. Red Carpet, Open Hire, ADP/Workforce Now, etc).
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by in a production coordination role and do not comprise the definitive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.