CG MODELING intern
Date Posted: March 7, 2017
This is a paid internship.
As a HouseSpecial Intern, you will gain valuable hands-on experience and training as you work alongside our staff artists on broadcast and digital productions. You will be supported and challenged everyday while learning to thrive in a fast-paced studio environment. Our teams move fast; we never compromise on creativity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of Directors and CG Leads, create and maintain 3D models.
- Collaborate with CG team to ensure models maintain structural integrity.
- Assist development of new tools and techniques to improve the modeling process.
- Communicate effectively with production management, creative leads and technical support teams.
- Meet deadlines as established by production management.
- Actively safeguards HouseSpecial’s Proprietary and Confidential Information.
- Completed her or his Junior year or has graduated within the last two years with a Bachelor’s degree in Animation, Film, Fine Art, Computer Science or other relevant area of study.
- Demonstrates ability using Maya for the creation of both hard surface and organic models.
- Knowledge of polygonal, NURBs and subdivision surface types.
- Life drawing and sculpting experience a plus.
- Experience with Maya, MODO, Mudbox, ZBrush preferred.
- Experience with Nuke, Arnold, Houdini and Photoshop a plus.
- Ability to prioritize, hit deadlines and maintain consistent productivity in a fast paced environment.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Open to taking direction and able to embrace change.
- Strong attention to detail, communication skills, a great attitude and common sense.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by in a production coordination role and do not comprise the definitive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2017
Have you completed your Junior year or maybe graduated college within the last two years? You're eligible.
Eligibility for International Students
You must be legally eligible to work inside the United States. If you are on your OPT or STEM (or extension) your employment authorization expiration cannot be any sooner than 90 days from the the internship end-date.
Internship Length: June 12 - August 25