Post Production Intern
Date Posted: April 14, 2017
This is a paid internship.
As a HouseSpecial Intern, you will gain valuable hands-on experience and training as you work alongside our staff artists on broadcast and digital productions. You will be supported and challenged everyday while learning to thrive in a fast-paced studio environment. Our teams move fast; we never compromise on creativity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work under guided supervision of the editor, assistant editor, or compositor to prepare elements for post-production including live action footage, storyboards, graphic elements and other digital media.
- Work under guided supervision of the editor and editorial assistant, to prepare and/or run dailies sessions with director/crew as necessary.
- Collaborate with team members for shooting and editing behind the scenes material for studio promotion and social media.
- Assist in organizing and maintaining Media Vault, Digital Projects Archive, and Flame Archive by adding new elements, trackingtraffic in and out of the vault and maintaining order in the physical and digital vaults.
- Communicate effectively with production management, creative leads and technical support teams.
- Meet deadlines as established by the Post Production Manager and Production Management.
- Actively safeguards HouseSpecial’s Proprietary and Confidential Information.
- Completed Junior year or has graduated within the last two years with a Bachelor’s degree in Film, Television, Media Arts, or other relevant area of study.
- Ability to prioritize, hit deadlines and maintain consistent productivity in a fast paced environment.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Experience with post-production software such as Adobe Premiere, Media Encoder, Photoshop and Avid Media Composer.
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Open to taking direction and able to embrace change.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, communication skills, a great attitude and common sense.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by in a production coordination role and do not comprise the definitive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Application Deadline: May 5, 2017
Have you completed your Junior year or maybe graduated college within the last two years? You're eligible.
Eligibility for International Students
You must be legally eligible to work inside the United States. If you are on your OPT or STEM (or extension) your employment authorization expiration cannot be any sooner than 90 days from the internship end-date.
Internship Length: June 12 - August 25