CG Texture intern
Date Posted: March 7, 2017
This is a paid internship.
As a HouseSpecial Intern, you will gain valuable hands-on experience and training as you work alongside our staff artists on broadcast and digital productions. You will be supported and challenged everyday while learning to thrive in a fast-paced studio environment. Our teams move fast; we never compromise on creativity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of Directors and CG Leads, develop surfaces and textures for characters, props and set elements.
- Collaborate with CG team to troubleshoot creative and technical issues.
- Assist in establishing and following multiple surfacing looks across a myriad of design projects.
- Communicate effectively with production management, creative leads and technical support teams.
- Meet deadlines as established by production management.
- Actively safeguards HouseSpecial’s Proprietary and Confidential Information.
- Completed her or his Junior year or has graduated within the last two years with a Bachelor’s degree in Animation, Film, Fine Art, Computer Science or other relevant area of study.
- Experience with Maya, Arnold, and Nuke preferred.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop is required. Experience with Mari, Zbrush, Substance Painter, and/or Substance Designer is a plus.
- Experience in advanced surface types, global illumination and subsurfacing scattering a plus.
- Strong Photoshop skills.
- Ability to prioritize, hit deadlines and maintain consistent productivity in a fast
- Good problem solving skills.
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Open to taking direction and able to embrace change.
- Strong attention to detail, communication skills, a great attitude and common sense.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by in a production coordination role and do not comprise the definitive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2017
Have you completed your Junior year or maybe graduated college within the last two years? You're eligible.
Eligibility for International Students
You must be legally eligible to work inside the United States. If you are on your OPT or STEM (or extension) your employment authorization expiration cannot be any sooner than 90 days from the the internship end-date.
Internship Length: June 12 - August 25