REPORTS TO: Production Liaison
General Summary: The Production Coordinator manages workflow and communication. Working closely with Producers, Coordinators track project activity internally and externally, relaying pertinent information to department heads, staff and freelance artists regarding schedules and expectations. Also assists in many other production tasks including shipping, purchase orders, booking travel, communicating staffing needs, building pitches, wrap materials and general project organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Tracks all project activity from preproduction through delivery of masters across CG, Stop-Motion and Mixed Media animation projects and Live Action shoots.
2. Maintains and updates crew lists.
3. Communicates scheduling information with freelance and staff artists, including specific instructions from directors and producers.
4. Is well versed in day-to-day progress of projects and with EP oversight, is able to assist in project management if a producer is out unexpectedly, on business or on scheduled vacations. This entails both internal line producer activities as well as external communication with the agency and clients as needed.
5. Records and distributes dailies’ notes, along with distributing schedules, storyboards and reference materials.
6. Tracks received production elements and coordinates shipping.
7. Arranges or runs errands including working meals and general production errands.
8. Makes travel arrangements.
9. Assists producers and directors with miscellaneous tasks.
- B.S./B.A. in film, art or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 2+ years production experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize.
- Ability to juggle various priorities and deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat and Shotgun.
Preferred Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of additional graphic design and layout programs.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by in a production coordination role and do not comprise the definitive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.